Tender, juicy, and incredibly simple to prepare, Slow Cooker Whole Chicken is bound to become your new go-to weeknight recipe. Easy to prepare for the whole family, or keep as leftovers for the week, this recipe is one to keep on hand!
- 1 small chicken (approx. 4 pounds)
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3 large chopped carrots
- 1 large peeled onion cut in large pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1) Prepare chicken by removing bag of giblets and throwing away (found inside cavity). Rinse chicken slightly with cold water inside and out. Pat dry and set aside.
- 2) In a small bowl combine all of the spices, salt and pepper. Stir together to mix.
- 3) Place copped onion and carrots at the bottom of the crock pot in a layer.
- 4) Place peeled garlic cloves and lemon pieces inside chicken
- 5) Rub spice mixture all over the outside of the bird top and bottom
- 6) Place the chicken in the crock pot, breast side down onto of vegetables
- 7) Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- 8) Remove from slow cooker and serve!