Chicken Thighs in Peppers & Pesto
Diets: SIBO approved, SCD friendly, Low FODMAP, and Autoimmune friendly
A meal focused on whole foods, this chicken thighs in peppers & pesto recipe is the perfect combo. Great for weekly meal prep and a simple recipe with delicious ingredients!
**This recipe is tailored & safe for readers working with SIBO, SCD, Low FODMAP, and Autoimmune
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch scallions, green tops chopped, white bottom discarded
- 15 kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 fennel, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 3TBS garlic infused olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, patted dry, stems removed
- 2 tbs coconut flour (optional-use for texture)
- sea salt
- juice of 1 real lemon
- olive oil
- Sauté fennel, chopped olives and scallion tops in garlic infused olive oil until soft and browning
- Add chicken thighs and cook on medium heat turning until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking add cilantro to bowl of food processor. Pulse to chop up cilantro leaves into fine pieces. Run processor adding 1/8 cup olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, salt to taste and 2 tbs of coconut flour. Taste and add more salt or lemon if needed. Add more oil to thin out consistency-less oil will be like a paste and more will be like a sauce.
- Add pesto, tossing to coat everything in the pan. Cook for 1 more minute to warm pesto over the hot food.
NYC Office at The Assemblage
17 John Street Suite 503
NYC, NY 10038
Hampton Bays Office
Hampton Bays NY 11946