Recipe for Healing Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Roasted whole chicken, most of the meat removed and set aside
- 1 Large onion cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Celery stalks cut into 3” pieces
- 4 Carrots-4 cut into 3” pieces
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Ginger root 3” piece, cut into ½” pieces
- Turmeric root 3” cut into ½” pieces or use ¼ teaspoon ground
- 3 cloves of raw garlic, crushed and rough chopped
- Braggs apple cider vinegar-3 TBS
- Any fresh herbs you like including cilantro, basil, parsley etc.
- Place bones in large pot with enough cold water to cover them completely
- Add 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (acid to pull nutrients from bone)
- Let bones and vinegar sit for 20 minutes so acid can pull out minerals
- Add quartered onion and other vegetables and herbs
- Season with sea salt
- Bring to a boil. Once it has reached an active boil reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer on low heat covered for up to 24 hours. This is the amount of time it generally takes to pull out all of the nutrients in the bones. Less time will still yield a nutritious soup, just not a proper bone broth.
- Strain all food and bone particles out of the broth and throw away.
- Let cool down on the stove before refrigerating.
- Drink 1-2 cups per day for health.
Once the broth is finished you may also make it into a soup by adding the cooked chicken meat. Sauté more vegetables and herbs, adding cooked vegetables to the pot.