Quinoa and Cucumber Salad
Diet: FODMAP, SIBO, BBN
This refreshing quinoa & cucumber salad can be the perfect lunch to prepare for the week or use as a side dish for dinner. Very few ingredients & extremely simple to make!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large organic cucumber, washed, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley or cilantro (or combo)
- Juice of a lemon
- Heat a small saucepan and place quinoa in it without water. Cook, shaking the pan to slightly toast the quinoa-it will begin to smell nutty.
- Add 1.5-2 cups water to pot (see package directions) stirring and bring quinoa to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered on low for approx. 13-15 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Mix olive oil, lemon, herbs, sea salt.
- Add cucumber to quinoa, pour in olive oil dressing and stir to mix.
** This recipe is tailored to & safe for readers with FODMAP, SIBO, and BBN.